Which information is collected when, and how we use it.
- Information you give us: personal information
Information collected from you will vary, depending on how you use Countr (visit the site, register, download the app, use the dashboard, use our social media channels) and what information you may choose to provide us with – depending on your browser settings and the personal identifiable information (‘Personal information’) you are willing to share. We currently collect personal information upon registration. Except as set forth below (‘How we share your information’; I. ‘Personal information’) or if specifically agreed to by you, we will never disclose any personal information to third parties.
- Non-personal information.
As soon as you show interest in Countr’s services by accessing or using our Website and/or App, we track certain anonymous and aggregated information about you (‘Non-personal information’). This gives us insight in the traffic and usage trends. We use this information in order to improve Countr’s user experience and our service. Due to the communications standards on the internet we automatically receive – and then mostly log – your and other users traffic data, such as: your computers IP-address, your browser type, the name of your network service provider, your mobile device – including UDID -, your mobile operating system, the name of your ISP/mobile carrier, the urls and site-pages you have visited before visiting Countr and when leaving Countr’s website, what search queries you have made and – only if you have enabled GPS – we may also receive location data. Important for you to know is, we will not link this information in any way to your personal information. At the end of your browse-session the traffic data will be anonymized and aggregated.
Cookies and the information collected.
- The first party cookies we use are functional – (session based only) and analytics cookies.
- Functional cookies: we use digitally signed cookies as a default to store sessions when using the App. These cookies help to minimalize the possibility of un-authorized use of your Countr account. Other session cookies we use help us to determine if cookies are enabled, identify which requests belong to a particular session and determine the start and end of a session. Duration: all of these cookies will expire after each session.
- Analytics cookies: we use analytics cookies to collect information about how people use Countr. We do this to make sure that we are meeting our Customers’ needs and to help us understand what we could do better. These cookies allow us to set an anonymous identifier in order to distinguish users, view details of how our users have reached Countr (traffic source information/campaigns), view all activities and interactions (events), help us to get insight in how often and if users take or complete specific – pre-set – actions or goals (goal flow) and calculate the average time spent on Countr. These cookies do not collect personal information and will not be linked to any personal identifiable information you may provide. The analytics data can therefore not be used to identify who you are. Duration: these cookies will expire after 12 months.
- Third party cookies: Countr’s Website and App contain tools or applications that are linked to third party social media service providers such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Through these tools or applications the social media service provider may set its own cookies on your device. We have no control over these cookies and thus refer you to the policies of the respective service providers (which change frequently). Facebook, Twitter and Google have stated to abide by the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and are affiliated with the Safe Harbor Program of the US Ministry of Trade. This means an adequate protection level for data processing is in place.
You have the right to refuse and delete cookies.
- Refusing cookies set via our Website: in order to allow you to easily accept or refuse the cookies placed when you use our Website we’ve installed ‘Cookie control’, a tool developed by CIVIC. If you do not take any action, cookies will always be switched off. To control third party cookies you can adjust your browser settings.Refusing cookies set via our App: this link (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677) shows you how to disable both first and third party cookies on your Apple mobile device (assuming that Safari is your default browser). If you would like to read more information on cookies and changing your browser/mobile device settings we are happy to refer you to www.allaboutcookies.org and www.civicuk.com/cookie-law/browser-settings.
How we share your information
- Personal information
We will never sell, rent, lease or in any way share your personal identifiable information to third parties for commercial purposes. We may and will share personal information in the following situations:
- we may allow access to your personal data to a limited number of third parties hired to provide their services to us. These parties will only be granted access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide their service. They will have to treat your data confidentially and will have to abide by the same privacy standard as set in this policy. They will explicitly not be allowed to sell your data;
- we will disclose your information when required to do so by law or by judicial procedure; and/or
- Aggregated data and non-personal information
We provide Merchants with any data collected via their own Countr account. This means that any data you give the merchant (for example by providing them with an email address) is available to that Merchant. We do not provide customer data for one Merchant to another, but we do combine your non-personal information with that of other users in order to create aggregate data, which data is in no way individually traceable to you or any other user.
How we protect your information.
In order to process our data, we may, in the future, work with third parties. These third parties will be required to provide an adequate protection level for data processing by the European Commission. The transfer of Personal information is automated and will be send via secure file transfer.
Personal information from minors.
Countr is open for anyone over 16 years old. In the event we find out our service has been used by children younger than 16 years old without parental consent/consent from a caretaker, we will promptly delete any information they’ve provided us with. An exception applies, if the parent or caretaker provides us with consent.
Changes to this policy.